Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 16 G 32 mph
- Barometer29.90 in (1012.6 mb)
- Dewpoint41°F (5°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill46°F (8°C)
Current conditions at
Greenwood-LeFlore Airport (KGWO)
Lat: 33.51°N Lon: 90.08°W Elev: 155ft.
2 Miles E Kosciusko MS
7 Day Forecast
- Today Partly sunny, with a high near 60. North northwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 30. North northwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming north northeast 5 to 10 mph after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 61. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the morning.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 36. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph after midnight.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 68. South wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45. South wind 5 to 10 mph. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 68. South southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Saturday Night A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 46. South southeast wind around 5 mph becoming north northwest after midnight.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 66. North northeast wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 62.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 38.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 68.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Attala County, MS
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE