Contrasting Temperatures Across Much of the U.S. Ahead of a Strong Weekend Storm System.
On Friday, temperatures will be 15 to 20 degrees BELOW average for the Northern and Central Plains and 15 to 20 degrees ABOVE average for parts of the Lower and Middle Mississippi Valley into parts of the Tennessee and Ohio Valleys. But hang on; big changes are on the way this weekend!
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.83 in (1010.0 mb)
- Dewpoint61°F (16°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Collin County Regional Airport (KTKI)
Lat: 33.18 Lon: -96.59 Elev: 577ft.
3 Miles NNW Murphy TX
7 Day Forecast
- Today A 20 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a temperature rising to near 68 by noon, then falling to around 47 during the remainder of the day. South wind 5 to 15 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
- Tonight Showers and thunderstorms, mainly after midnight. Low around 39. North wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Showers and thunderstorms before noon, then a slight chance of showers. High near 51. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west southwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest after midnight.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 46. North northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 25. North wind around 10 mph.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 46. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light northeast in the afternoon.
- Monday Night Clear, with a low around 25. Calm wind becoming east southeast around 5 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 51. South southeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 35.
- Christmas Day A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50.
- Wednesday Night A 20 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 41.
- Thursday A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Collin County, TX
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE