Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 7 mph
- Barometer29.88 in
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill25°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Ruidoso Regional (KSRR)
Lat: 33.36 Lon: -105.67 Elev: 6818ft.
2 Miles WSW Ruidoso Downs NM
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow likely before 11am, then rain. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 38. Southwest wind 15 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tonight Snow likely, mainly before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south in the afternoon.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22. South wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. South wind around 10 mph.
- Saturday Night A 10 percent chance of snow showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 37. Breezy.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 13.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 37.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 41.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for South Central Mountains, NM
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE