Winter Storm from the Mexican Border in Texas to southern New England through Thursday
A widespread winter weather event is underway from southwest Texas into parts of southern New England. Most locations will see moderate to heavy rainfall before changing over during the overnight hours. Sleet and freezing rain are expected from south/central Texas into the Southeast while significant snowfall is expected from the southern Plains across the Mid-Atlantic into New England.
4NM SE San Clemente CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisAT 1 PM... A 1022 MB
HIGH WAS JUST SOUTHEAST OF CALIFORNIA CITY AND A 1018 MB LOW WAS
OVER SOUTHERN CAN DIEGO COUNTY. OFFSHORE FLOW WILL CONTINUE DURING
THE NIGHTS AND MORNINGS...WITH ONSHORE NORTHWEST FLOW DURING THE
AFTERNOONS AND EVENINGS THROUGH SATURDAY.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday ENE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming WSW in the morning. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming E 5 to 10 kt in the evening. Mostly clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday ENE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming S in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 kt. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday ENE wind around 10 kt. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night W wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NNE in the evening. Mostly clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday NE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming E in the morning. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night W wind 5 to 10 kt becoming ENE in the evening. Partly cloudy. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE