Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 8 mph
- Barometer30.17 in (1022.0 mb)
- Dewpoint47°F (8°C)
- Visibility3.00 mi
- Wind Chill44°F (7°C)
Current conditions at
Atlanta, Peachtree City-Falcon Field (KFFC)
Lat: 33.35 Lon: -84.56 Elev: 808ft.
3 Miles W Fayetteville GA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Periods of drizzle before 5pm, then rain likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 5pm. Patchy fog before 5pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 49. East wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Tonight Rain likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 9pm, then periods of drizzle between 9pm and 4am. Patchy fog after 9pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 47. East wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Monday Rain, mainly after 2pm. Patchy fog before 2pm. High near 61. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A 50 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 47. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Tuesday A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 54. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 31.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Friday Night A 40 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Saturday A 40 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 54.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Fayette County, GA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE