Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedWNW 8 MPH
- Barometer30.08 in (1019.1 mb)
- Dewpoint33°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill39°F (4°C)
Current conditions at
Avalon, Catalina Airport (KAVX)
Lat: 33.40500 Lon: -118.41583 Elev: 1601ft.
4 Miles NW Avalon, Catalina Airport CA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Rain. Low around 50. West northwest wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Showers. High near 59. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 49. Breezy, with a northwest wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 56. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 46. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north in the evening.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 58.
- Monday Night Clear, with a low around 47.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 60.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 48.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 63.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 48.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 63.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 48. Breezy.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 63.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Catalina Island, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE