Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.44 in (1030.8 mb)
- Dewpoint28°F (-2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Birmingham International Airport (KBHM)
Lat: 33.56 Lon: -86.75 Elev: 630ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Clear, with a low around 27. North wind around 5 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 45. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 29. Calm wind.
- Friday Increasing clouds, with a high near 50. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph.
- Friday Night Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 44. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. High near 57. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of rain before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 41.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 51.
- Monday Night Clear, with a low around 32.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 56.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 35.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 56.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE