Unseasonably cold temperatures spreading into central U.S.
A strong cold front will usher a much colder air mass into the central and eastern U.S. for the end of the work week. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average in some areas. Rain and snow will be possible across the Great Lakes on Friday as the system crosses the area. Heavy snow is possible in the central Appalachians Friday night.
Read More... Humidity86% Wind SpeedCalm Barometer30.02 in (1016.4 mb) Dewpoint43°F (6°C) Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Birmingham International Airport (KBHM)
Lat: 33.56°N Lon: 86.75°W Elev: 630ft.
Birmingham International Airport AL 7 Day Forecast
Detailed Forecast Overnight Partly cloudy, with a low around 43. Calm wind. Friday A 20 percent chance of showers after 7am. Partly sunny, with a high near 66. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Friday Night Mostly cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 33. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Saturday Sunny, with a high near 52. Breezy, with a north wind 10 to 20 mph. Saturday Night Areas of frost after 1am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 30. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Sunday Areas of frost before 9am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 59. Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 37. Monday Sunny, with a high near 67. Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 44. Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 70. Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 56. Wednesday A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 73. Wednesday Night A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Cloudy, with a low around 58. Thursday A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 69.