Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedNE 12 mph
- Barometer30.62 in (1037.0 mb)
- Dewpoint16°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill30°F (-1°C)
Current conditions at
Greenwood-LeFlore Airport (KGWO)
Lat: 33.51 Lon: -90.08 Elev: 155ft.
5 Miles NNE Grenada MS
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 45. North northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 27. Light and variable wind becoming east southeast 5 to 10 mph after midnight.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of rain after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 48. South wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Friday Night Rain before midnight, then rain and possibly a thunderstorm between midnight and 3am, then rain after 3am. Low around 42. South southeast wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of rain, mainly before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 54. South wind 10 to 15 mph becoming north northwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of rain before 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. North wind around 15 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43. North wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the evening.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 54. Light southwest wind increasing to 10 to 15 mph.
- Monday Night Clear, with a low around 32.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 59.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 35.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 59.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Grenada County, MS
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE