Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedE 10 mph
- Barometer30.22 in
- Dewpoint37°F (3°C)
- Visibility2.00 mi
- Wind Chill40°F (4°C)
Current conditions at
Lawrenceville, Gwinnett Co-Briscoe Field Airport (KLZU)
Lat: 33.98 Lon: -83.96 Elev: 1060ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Rain before 4pm, then periods of drizzle. Patchy fog. High near 47. East wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Tonight Periods of rain before 10pm, then a chance for drizzle before ending. Patchy fog after 10pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 42. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly after 2pm. Patchy fog before 2pm. High near 62. South wind around 5 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A 50 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 52. West wind around 5 mph.
- Tuesday A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 54. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Friday Night A 40 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Saturday A 40 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 50.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Gwinnett County, GA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE