Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedNW 12 mph
- Barometer30.41 in
- Dewpoint10°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill34°F (1°C)
Current conditions at
Marietta, Cobb County-McCollum Field Airport (KRYY)
Lat: 34.01 Lon: -84.6 Elev: 1040ft.
2 Miles SSE Marietta, Cobb County-McCollum Field Airport GA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 25. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 53. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Friday Night Rain likely, mainly after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 50. East wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Night A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 41. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of showers before 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 46.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 51.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 54.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 54.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 55.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cobb County, GA
- Point Forecast: Point Forecast: 2 Miles SSE Marietta, Cobb County-McCollum Field Airport GA
- Last Update: 4:16 pm EST Dec 12, 2013
- Forecast Valid: 5pm EST Dec 12, 2013-6pm EST Dec 19, 2013
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE