Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.56 in (1035.9 mb)
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Wichita Falls, Sheppard Air Force Base (KSPS)
Lat: 33.98 Lon: -98.48 Elev: 1027ft.
5 Miles WNW Stanfield TX
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 42. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.
- Tonight A 20 percent chance of rain after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. South wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Friday A 40 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 50. South wind 9 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 33. Light and variable wind becoming north northwest 9 to 14 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 44. North northwest wind 11 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 25.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 51.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 62.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 35.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 60.
- Tuesday Night Clear, with a low around 34.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 61.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Clay County, TX
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE