Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.48 in (1032.7 mb)
- Dewpoint21°F (-6°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Posey Field Airport (K1M4)
Lat: 34.28 Lon: -87.6 Elev: 930ft.
3 Miles WSW Houston AL
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Clear, with a low around 25. Calm wind.
- Friday A chance of sprinkles after 3pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 50. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 42. Southeast wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before noon, then a slight chance of rain after noon. High near 55. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of rain before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40.
- Sunday Night Clear, with a low around 26.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 50.
- Monday Night Clear, with a low around 30.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 55.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 54.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 35.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 55.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Winston County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE