Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Barometer30.17 in (1021.2 mb)
- Dewpoint16°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Twenty-Nine Palms, Marine Corps Air-Ground Combat Center (KNXP)
Lat: 34.29444 Lon: -116.14500 Elev: 2054ft.
Twentynine Palms CA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 51. Calm wind becoming south southeast 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 35. Southwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Saturday A 40 percent chance of showers, mainly between 10am and 4pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 50. Breezy, with a west southwest wind 13 to 18 mph increasing to 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of showers before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 32. West northwest wind 15 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 46. North northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 45.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 51.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 56.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 59.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Morongo Basin, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE