Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 16 G 26 mph
- Barometer30.16 in (1021.0 mb)
- Dewpoint23°F (-5°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill51°F (11°C)
Current conditions at
De Queen, Helms Sevier County Airport (KDEQ)
Lat: 34.05°N Lon: 94.4°W Elev: 351ft.
5 Miles WSW Gillham AR
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 59. North wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 29. North wind 10 to 15 mph becoming light northwest after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 64. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the morning.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 35. South wind around 5 mph.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of showers after 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 64. South wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 46.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 64.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 63.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 61.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 35.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 66.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sevier County, AR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE