Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedVrbl 5 mph
- Barometer30.19 in (1022.1 mb)
- Dewpoint44°F (7°C)
- Visibility2.50 mi
- Wind Chill44°F (7°C)
Current conditions at
Cartersville Airport (KVPC)
Lat: 34.13 Lon: -84.85 Elev: 751ft.
2 Miles NNE Emerson GA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Rain, with thunderstorms also possible after 5pm. Patchy fog. High near 48. East wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Tonight Rain and possibly a thunderstorm before 1am, then periods of drizzle between 1am and 4am, then rain after 4am. Patchy fog after 1am. Low around 46. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain. Patchy fog before 2pm. High near 54. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Rain. Low around 43. Northwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Tuesday A 50 percent chance of showers, mainly before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 49.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Friday Night A 40 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Saturday A 40 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 51.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Bartow County, GA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE