Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedNW 6 mph
- Barometer30.33 in (1027.2 mb)
- Dewpoint20°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill35°F (2°C)
Current conditions at
Gainesville, Gilmer Memorial Airport (KGVL)
Lat: 34.26 Lon: -83.83 Elev: 1276ft.
4 Miles SE Cumming GA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around 28. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 48. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 26. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 52. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Friday Night Rain, mainly after 1am. Low around 39. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Rain. High near 46. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Night Showers likely, mainly before 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 43. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 46.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 51.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 54.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 52.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Forsyth County, GA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE