Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedWNW 4 G 6 MPH
- Dewpoint11°F (-12°C)
- Wind Chill22°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
BURNS CANYON (BCNC1)
Lat: 34.208472 Lon: -116.621667 Elev: 6284ft.
17 Miles ESE Big Bear City CA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A 30 percent chance of snow showers after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Snow showers likely, mainly between 10am and 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 41. Breezy, with a south wind 15 to 20 mph increasing to 20 to 25 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 25. Windy, with a south wind 15 to 25 mph becoming northwest 25 to 35 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 37. North wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Sunday Night Clear, with a low around 22. Northwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 38. Breezy.
- Monday Night Clear, with a low around 24.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 46.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 52.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 34.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 55.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Friday A slight chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 52.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Apple and Lucerne Valleys, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE