Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Barometer30.04 in (1019.2 mb)
- Dewpoint8°F (-13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Prescott, Love Field (KPRC)
Lat: 34.64917 Lon: -112.42222 Elev: 5043ft.
12 Miles N Black Canyon City AZ
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 46. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 25. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of rain after 11am. Increasing clouds, with a high near 46. Light and variable wind becoming south southwest 13 to 18 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 26 mph.
- Saturday Night Rain likely before 11pm, then rain and snow likely. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 29. South southwest wind 15 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of snow before 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 39. Southwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 43.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 25.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 46.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 51.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 31.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 53.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Yavapai County Valleys and Basins, AZ
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE