Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 8 MPH
- Barometer29.98 in (1015.1 mb)
- Dewpoint29°F (-2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Van Nuys, Van Nuys Airport (KVNY)
Lat: 34.21250 Lon: -118.49083 Elev: 797ft.
4 Miles NNW Van Nuys Airport CA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Clear, with a low around 34. South southeast wind around 5 mph becoming north in the evening.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 55. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Friday Night Rain after 4am. Low around 44. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Rain. High near 54. West wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36. West wind around 10 mph becoming north in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 55.
- Sunday Night Clear, with a low around 36.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 59. Breezy.
- Monday Night Clear, with a low around 40. Breezy.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 62. Breezy.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 44.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 70.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 46.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 71.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Los Angeles County San Fernando Valley, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE