Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Barometer30.17 in (1020.7 mb)
- Dewpoint15°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Twenty-Nine Palms, Marine Corps Air-Ground Combat Center (KNXP)
Lat: 34.29444 Lon: -116.14500 Elev: 2054ft.
14 Miles NW Twentynine Palms CA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 44. Calm wind becoming southeast 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 34. West southwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Saturday A 50 percent chance of showers, mainly between 10am and 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 44. Breezy, with a southwest wind 8 to 13 mph increasing to 21 to 26 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 37 mph.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of showers before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 31. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 17 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 43. North northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 42.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 47.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 53.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 56.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Morongo Basin, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE