Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 18 mph
- Barometer30.27 in
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill6°F (-14°C)
Current conditions at
Duncan/Halliburton Field Airport (KDUC)
Lat: 34.47 Lon: -97.96 Elev: 1112ft.
4 Miles WNW Addington OK
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow and sleet before 9am, then a chance of snow between 9am and noon. High near 24. North wind 8 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 5. Wind chill values as low as -8. North northeast wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Saturday A chance of snow, freezing drizzle, and sleet after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 20. Wind chill values as low as -9. Northeast wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow, freezing drizzle, and sleet before midnight, then a chance of freezing drizzle. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14. East wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday A chance of freezing drizzle before noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 30. Light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 7 mph in the morning.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 29.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 39.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jefferson County, OK
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE