Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedVRBL 5 MPH
- Barometer30.13 in
- Dewpoint9°F (-13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill29°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
Payson Airport (KPAN)
Lat: 34.2568364 Lon: -111.3392558 Elev: 5157ft.
16 Miles ENE Payson AZ
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 40. South wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 18. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of snow after 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 36. Breezy, with a southwest wind 7 to 12 mph increasing to 17 to 22 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Night Snow. Low around 23. South southwest wind 17 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
- Sunday A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly before 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. Southwest wind 16 to 21 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 12.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 32.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 39.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 41.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 43.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Gila County, AZ
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE