Wet and stormy weather continues across Pacific Northwest
Most of the country will experience tranquil weather this weekend. The exception will be the Pacific Northwest and northern California where a series of storm systems will bring rain, strong winds and thunderstorms through Saturday.
20NM W Santa Barbara CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisAT 21Z...OR 2 PM PDT...A 996 MB LOW AND
ASSOCIATED COLD FRONT WERE 700 NM NW OF POINT CONCEPTION. THE COLD
FRONT WILL CROSS THE SW CA COASTAL WATERS LATE TONIGHT AND
SAT...FOLLOWED BY INCREASING NW WINDS AND BUILDING W SWELL SAT
NIGHT INTO SUN. NW GALES WILL BE POSSIBLE OVER THE OUTER WATERS
SUN THROUGH SUN NIGHT.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. W swell 3 ft at 12 seconds. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming W 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. W swell 3 ft at 12 seconds. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night W wind around 10 kt becoming N after midnight. Partly cloudy. W swell 5 ft at 13 seconds. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday NNW wind 5 to 10 kt. Sunny. WNW swell 5 to 7 ft. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday Night N wind 10 to 15 kt. Clear. Mixed swell...WNW 3 to 6 ft and S 2 ft. Wind waves around 2 ft.
- Monday NNW wind 5 to 10 kt. Sunny. Mixed swell...WNW 3 ft and S 1 ft. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday Night WNW wind around 10 kt becoming N in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 15 kt. Clear. WNW swell 3 ft. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday NNE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the morning. Sunny. Mixed swell...WNW 3 ft and S 1 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night WNW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NNE in the evening. Clear. Mixed swell...WNW 3 ft and S 1 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE