Wintry mix and snow from western mountains to Ohio Valley Saturday
A storm system in the west will bring rain to California and the Desert Southwest Saturday. Snow will fall in the Sierra, Great Basin and southern Rocky Mountains. Meanwhile a warm front will bring rain to Texas with a wintry mix from the Red River Valley to southern Ohio Valley. North of this front, snow is expected from the southern Plains to northern Ohio Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
16NM W Santa Barbara CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisAT 09Z...OR 1 AM PST...A 1034 MB HIGH WAS
LOCATED 800 NM NW OF SEATTLE...AND A 998 MB LOW WAS OVER SOUTHERN
NEVADA. A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL BRING SHOWERS AND A SLIGHT
CHANCE OF TSTMS TO THE COASTAL WATERS THROUGH MON.
- Today W wind 5 to 10 kt. Scattered showers, mainly after 10am. W swell 3 ft at 8 seconds. Wind waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce small hail. W swell 3 ft at 9 seconds. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce small hail. W swell 3 ft at 12 seconds. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 10pm, then a chance of showers after 4am. W swell 3 ft. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday W wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of showers, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 10am. W swell 3 ft. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday Night W wind 5 to 10 kt becoming N in the evening. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. W swell 3 ft. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NW 10 to 15 kt in the morning. A slight chance of showers. Mixed swell...W 3 ft and SSW 1 ft. Wind waves 1 ft or less building to 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night N wind 5 to 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Mixed swell...W 3 ft and SSW 1 ft. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday E wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SW in the morning. Sunny. Mixed swell...W 3 ft and SSW 1 ft. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE