Stormy weather expected for the Pacific Northwest and Intermountain West
An impressive frontal system will continue moving through the Pacific Northwest and the Intermountain West and slowly make its way south. Behind it very cold Arctic air will follow. Higher elevation snow and moderate rainfall can be expected throughout these regions along with strong winds.
20NM W Santa Barbara CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisAT 10Z...OR 2 AM PST...A 1028 MB HIGH WAS
CENTERED IN CO...WITH A RIDGE EXTENDING TO A 1020 MB HIGH 400 NM
W OF PT CONCEPTION. A 1004 MB LOW ABOUT 600 NM W OF PORTLAND OREGON
WILL WEAKEN AS IT MOVES TODAY. A TROUGH OF LOW PRES WILL THEN
PERSIST OVER THE EASTERN PAC THROUGH SAT. A WARM FRONT IS
EXPECTED TO MOVE OVER THE COASTAL WATERS SAT NIGHT THROUGH SUN.
- Today Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. W swell 3 ft at 0 seconds. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. W swell 3 ft at 0 seconds. Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Increasing clouds. W swell 3 ft at 13 seconds. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. Patchy fog after 10pm. W swell 3 ft. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday ESE wind 5 to 10 kt. A slight chance of rain. WSW swell 3 ft. Wind waves around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night ESE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain. W swell 3 ft. Wind waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday SE wind around 10 kt, with gusts as high as 15 kt. Partly sunny. W swell 4 ft. Wind waves around 2 ft.
- Monday Night E wind 10 to 15 kt. A slight chance of rain. W swell 3 ft. Wind waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday ESE wind 10 to 15 kt. A chance of rain. W swell 5 ft. Wind waves 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE