Active pattern for the Pacific Northwest this week while a coastal low takes aim on the Northeast later this week
Thunderstorms with heavy rainfall is forecast to bring 5 to 7 inches of rainfall, with localized heavier amounts, to the Pacific Northwest throughout the week. Across the higher mountain elevations, measurable snow is likely. The Northeast will also be the focus of showers and thunderstorms beginning mid-week as a coastal low meanders of the Mid-Atlantic coast.
23NM W Santa Barbara CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisAT 10Z...OR 3 AM PDT...A 1022 MB HIGH
PRES WAS LOCATED 600 NM WEST OF PT CONCEPTION. A 1006 LOW
WAS CENTERED NEAR LAS VEGAS. STRONG NW WINDS WILL AFFECT THE
OUTER COASTAL WATERS THROUGH LATE TONIGHT. A RELATIVELY LARGE
NORTHWEST SWELL WILL AFFECT THE COASTAL WATERS THROUGH MIDWEEK.
- Today WNW wind 5 to 10 kt. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NNW wind 10 to 15 kt decreasing to 5 to 10 kt in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 25 kt. Mostly clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NW 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night NW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Mostly clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday W wind 5 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Partly sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE