Unsettled weather in store for eastern U.S. into weekend
A complex weather system moving across the eastern U.S. will bring a variety of hazardous weather to the region on Friday and into the weekend. Much colder weather is expected by Saturday, along with numerous showers and accumulating snow in the higher elevations of the Appalachians. Rain and snow will move into northern New England on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
23NM W Santa Barbara CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisAT 19Z...OR 12 PM PDT...A 1000 MB LOW WAS 500
NM W OF PORTLAND...WITH A COLD FRONT EXTENDING S OF THE LOW. THIS
FRONT WILL SWEEP ACROSS THE COASTAL WATERS THIS AFTERNOON AND
TONIGHT. AHEAD OF THE FRONT...WEAK S FLOW CAN BE EXPECTED...AND
MODERATE NW FLOW BEHIND THE FRONT. THERE WILL BE A SLIGHT CHANCE
OF THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE NORTHERN WATERS LATE THIS AFTERNOON AND
- This Afternoon S wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NW after midnight. Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 11pm. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NNW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming W in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers before 11am. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night W wind around 10 kt becoming NNW in the evening. Partly cloudy. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday WNW wind 10 to 15 kt. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night N wind 5 to 10 kt, with gusts as high as 15 kt. Mostly clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday NNE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NW in the morning. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night NW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NNE in the evening. Mostly clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NNE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NW in the morning. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE