Nor'easter to continue impacting Northeast through Thanksgiving
A nor'easter making its way up the East Coast will bring widespread precipitation from Florida to Maine on Wednesday into Thursday, which could significantly impact Thanksgiving travel across the region. Rain is expected closer to the coast, with snow falling inland and at higher elevations, especially across the central Appalachians, Northeast and New England.
23NM W Santa Barbara CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisAT 17Z...OR 9 AM PST...A RIDGE OF HIGH PRES
OVER THE ERN PAC AND COASTAL WATERS WILL WEAKEN THROUGH FRI. A LOW
PRES SYSTEM OVER THE CENTRAL PAC WILL WEAKEN WHILE SHIFTING E
THROUGH FRI. A TROUGH OF LOW PRES WILL THEN PERSIST OVER THE ERN
PAC FRI THROUGH SAT. THE REMNANTS OF A COLD FRONT WILL MOVE OVER
THE COASTAL WATERS SUN. A LOW PRES SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO DEEPEN
OVER THE ERN PAC SUN.
- Today Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Thanksgiving Day Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming W 5 to 10 kt in the morning. Sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night W wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NNW in the evening. Patchy fog after 10pm. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog before 10am. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SSE wind around 10 kt, with gusts as high as 15 kt. Patchy fog after 10pm. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SE wind 10 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Partly sunny. . Wind waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE