Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Barometer30.20 in
- Dewpoint21°F (-6°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Santa Ynez, Santa Ynez Airport (KIZA)
Lat: 34.60694 Lon: -120.07556 Elev: 673ft.
5 Miles S Santa Ynez Airport CA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 51. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Tonight Rain, mainly after 10pm. Low around 37. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Showers, mainly before 10am. High near 43. Windy, with a west southwest wind 15 to 20 mph becoming northwest 25 to 30 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32. Windy, with a north wind 25 to 35 mph decreasing to 15 to 25 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 45. North wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Sunday Night Clear, with a low around 35.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 51.
- Monday Night Clear, with a low around 32.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 59.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 37.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 64.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 46.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 64.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Santa Barbara County Mountains, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE