Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.49 in (1032.8 mb)
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Muscle Shoals, North West Alabama Regional Airport (KMSL)
Lat: 34.75 Lon: -87.61 Elev: 540ft.
7 Miles SW Town Creek AL
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 24. Calm wind.
- Friday A slight chance of sprinkles and sleet after 3pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 51. Light southeast wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 10%.
- Friday Night A slight chance of rain showers and sleet before 9pm, then rain showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 39. Light southeast wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday Rain likely, mainly before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 56. Southeast wind 5 to 15 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 32. Light northwest wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the evening.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 42.
- Sunday Night Clear, with a low around 24.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 49.
- Monday Night Clear, with a low around 31.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 52.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 53.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lawrence County, AL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE