Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Snow Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedN 15 mph
- Barometer30.26 in (1026.2 mb)
- Dewpoint15°F (-9°C)
- Visibility1.25 mi
- Wind Chill5°F (-15°C)
Current conditions at
Lawton-Fort Sill Regional Airport (KLAW)
Lat: 34.57 Lon: -98.42 Elev: 1109ft.
6 Miles SSW Meers OK
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Snow and sleet. Low around 17. Wind chill values as low as zero. North wind 17 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Friday A 50 percent chance of snow, mainly before 9am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 22. North wind 11 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5. Wind chill values as low as -8. North northeast wind around 10 mph.
- Saturday Increasing clouds, with a high near 20. Wind chill values as low as -7. East northeast wind 7 to 13 mph.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 16. East northeast wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Sunday A chance of freezing drizzle before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 8.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 27.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 35.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Comanche County, OK
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE