Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 5 MPH
- Barometer30.06 in (1017.0 mb)
- Dewpoint12°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill44°F (7°C)
Current conditions at
Twenty-Nine Palms, Marine Corps Air-Ground Combat Center (KNXP)
Lat: 34.29444 Lon: -116.14500 Elev: 2054ft.
38 Miles SSE Baker CA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 26. North wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47. South southeast wind 6 to 10 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32. Southeast wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow after 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 48. South southeast wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 11 to 16 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night A chance of rain and snow before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 29. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 18 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 44.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 44.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 47.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 53.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 59.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Eastern Mojave Desert Including the Mojave National Preserve, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE