Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 23 G 31 mph
- Barometer30.10 in (1020.0 mb)
- Dewpoint9°F (-13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill13°F (-11°C)
Current conditions at
Hobart Municipal Airport (KHBR)
Lat: 35.01 Lon: -99.05 Elev: 1570ft.
Tom Steed Resevior OK
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. North wind 21 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph.
- Thursday A chance of freezing rain before noon, then a slight chance of sleet. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. North northeast wind 14 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday Night Snow and sleet. Low around 18. North northeast wind 13 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Friday A 40 percent chance of snow before 9am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 22. North northeast wind 10 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 4. Northeast wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 21.
- Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Sunday Cloudy, with a high near 26.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 8.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 29.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 14.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 33.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kiowa County, OK
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE