Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 3 MPH
- Barometer30.00 in
- Dewpoint-13°F (-25°C)
Current conditions at
CW3196 Pine Mountain Club (C3196)
Lat: 34.85633 Lon: -119.18050 Elev: 5531ft.
12 Miles WNW Frazier Park CA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 39. North northwest wind around 5 mph.
- Tonight Snow, mainly after 4am. Low around 19. West wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Snow showers, mainly before 4pm. High near 35. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of snow showers, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 9. Wind chill values as low as -5. Blustery, with a north northwest wind 20 to 25 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 33. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north in the morning.
- Sunday Night Clear, with a low around 12. Blustery, with a west northwest wind 15 to 20 mph.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 39. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east northeast in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph.
- Monday Night Clear, with a low around 19. Windy, with an east wind 20 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 49. Breezy, with an east wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 25. Northeast wind around 5 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 57. East wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28. East southeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 56. Calm wind becoming south southwest around 5 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kern County Mountains, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE