Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 8 mph
- Barometer30.00 in
- Dewpoint63°F (17°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Andrews-Murphy Airport (KRHP)
Lat: 35.19 Lon: -83.86 Elev: 1699ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Cloudy, with a high near 68. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Tonight Showers and thunderstorms before 4am, then showers likely. Patchy fog before midnight. Low around 42. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday A 40 percent chance of rain, mainly after 3pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48. Northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Saturday Night Rain. Low around 42. North wind around 5 mph becoming southeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Rain. High near 47. Southeast wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday Night Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Low around 45. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Rain. High near 53. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night A 50 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Tuesday A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Fannin County, GA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE