Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 17 mph
- Barometer30.26 in (1027.1 mb)
- Dewpoint13°F (-11°C)
- Visibility1.00 mi
- Wind Chill0°F (-18°C)
Current conditions at
Hobart Municipal Airport (KHBR)
Lat: 35.01 Lon: -99.05 Elev: 1570ft.
3 Miles NW Lugert OK
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Snow. Low around 16. North wind 14 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Friday A 30 percent chance of snow before 9am. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 23. North wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 2. Wind chill values as low as -12. Northeast wind around 9 mph.
- Saturday A chance of snow, freezing drizzle, and sleet after noon. Increasing clouds, with a high near 18. Wind chill values as low as -13. East northeast wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow, freezing drizzle, and sleet before midnight, then a chance of freezing drizzle. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10. East southeast wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday A chance of freezing drizzle before noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 8.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 31.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 37.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Kiowa County, OK
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE