Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedENE 11 G 16 MPH
- Dewpoint7°F (-14°C)
- Wind Chill17°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
BRANCH MOUNTAIN (BRHC1)
Lat: 35.185233 Lon: -120.084989 Elev: 3770ft.
20 Miles ENE Santa Maria CA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Clear, with a low around 27. East northeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 46. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Friday Night Rain after 10pm, mixing with snow after 4am. Low around 32. West wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday Rain and snow showers, mainly before 10am. High near 41. North northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 26. Blustery, with a north wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 37.
- Sunday Night Clear, with a low around 29.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 52.
- Monday Night Clear, with a low around 32.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 59.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 41.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 62.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 46.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 63.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Santa Barbara County Mountains, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE