Unseasonably cold temperatures spreading into central U.S.
A strong cold front will usher a much colder air mass into the central and eastern U.S. for the end of the work week. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average in some areas. Rain and snow will be possible across the Great Lakes on Friday as the system crosses the area. Heavy snow is possible in the central Appalachians Friday night.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
11NM SSW San Luis Obispo CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- Overnight S wind around 10 kt. Patchy fog. W swell 4 ft at 10 seconds. Wind waves around 2 ft.
- Friday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSW 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Rain likely, mainly after 11am. W swell 4 ft at 10 seconds. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night SSW wind 5 to 15 kt becoming WNW after midnight. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. WNW swell 5 ft at 15 seconds. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NW 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 15 kt. A chance of showers before 11am. WNW swell 9 ft. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night NNW wind 5 to 10 kt, with gusts as high as 15 kt. Mostly clear. WNW swell 10 ft. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday N wind 10 to 15 kt becoming NW in the morning. Sunny. WNW swell 9 to 10 ft. Wind waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday Night NNE wind 5 to 10 kt, with gusts as high as 15 kt. Mostly clear. WNW swell 8 ft. Wind waves around 2 ft.
- Monday NE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NW in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 15 kt. Sunny. WNW swell 6 ft. Wind waves around 2 ft.
- Monday Night NE wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. WNW swell 6 ft. Wind waves around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE