Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Overcast and Breezy
- Wind SpeedN 23 G 32 mph
- Barometer29.82 in (1009.5 mb)
- Dewpoint37°F (3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill40°F (4°C)
Current conditions at
Memphis International Airport (KMEM)
Lat: 35.04°N Lon: 89.98°W Elev: 282ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Partly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 43 by 5pm. Windy, with a north northwest wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 32. North northwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming light north after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 59. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 43. South southwest wind around 10 mph.
- Friday Increasing clouds, with a high near 65. South southwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Friday Night A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 47. South southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 66. South southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 46. Northeast wind around 10 mph.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 58.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 56.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 39.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 64.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Shelby County, TN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE