Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 14 mph
- Barometer30.47 in (1032.2 mb)
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility8.00 mi
- Wind Chill12°F (-11°C)
Current conditions at
Memphis International Airport (KMEM)
Lat: 35.04 Lon: -89.98 Elev: 282ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 28. Wind chill values as low as 2. North northeast wind around 15 mph.
- Tonight Occasional freezing rain and sleet. Low around 26. North northeast wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday A chance of freezing rain and sleet before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 36. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night A chance of freezing rain and sleet, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 29. South southwest wind around 5 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 50%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Monday A slight chance of rain or freezing rain before noon, then a slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Monday Night A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. North northeast wind around 10 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 31. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15. North northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 34.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 41.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 53.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Shelby County, TN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE