Pacific Front Will Bring Snow to Intermountain West, Northern Plains
A weather system moving into the Pacific Northwest will bring rain to coastal regions, along with snow to the Intermountain West and northern Plains into Thursday. Snowfall amounts will generally be light, though as much as 5-8 inches is possible in the higher elevations of the mountains. The system will also bring much colder air to the northern Plains and Upper Midwest beginning on Thurs.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 12 MPH
- Barometer29.68 in (1005.4 mb)
- Dewpoint21°F (-6°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill37°F (3°C)
Current conditions at
China Lake, Naval Air Facility (KNID)
Lat: 35.68639 Lon: -117.69000 Elev: 2283ft.
38 Miles SSE China Lake CA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight A 10 percent chance of showers after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. Southwest wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
- Thursday A slight chance of showers, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49. Breezy, with a southwest wind 15 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Thursday Night A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 10pm, then a slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39. West northwest wind 8 to 15 mph becoming east northeast in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 52. North northeast wind 16 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 42. North northeast wind 15 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 56.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 44.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 58.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 43.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 59.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 44.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 60.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 45.
- Christmas Day Mostly sunny, with a high near 56.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Mojave Desert, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE