Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSSW 28 G 33 MPH
- Barometer29.83 in (1010.9 mb)
- Dewpoint16°F (-9°C)
- Wind Chill27°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
China Lake, Naval Air Facility (KNID)
Lat: 35.68639 Lon: -117.69000 Elev: 2283ft.
32 Miles SE China Lake CA
7 Day Forecast
- Today A chance of snow showers before 10am, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 42. Windy, with a southwest wind 22 to 27 mph increasing to 31 to 36 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. Breezy, with a west wind 19 to 24 mph becoming west southwest 8 to 13 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 37 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 38. North northeast wind around 9 mph.
- Sunday Night Clear, with a low around 25. North northeast wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 38. North northeast wind 14 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.
- Monday Night Clear, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 45.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 34.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 51.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 52.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Mojave Desert, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE