Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
- Wind SpeedE 5 mph
- Barometer30.38 in
- Visibility1.50 mi
- Wind Chill21°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Sallisaw Municipal Airport (KJSV)
Lat: 35.44 Lon: -94.8 Elev: 528ft.
6 Miles SSW Sallisaw Municipal Airport OK
7 Day Forecast
- Today Areas of freezing fog before 9am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. Light and variable wind becoming north 10 to 15 mph in the morning.
- Tonight Clear, with a low around 16. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light northwest after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 43. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Southeast wind around 5 mph.
- Friday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 41. South wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Friday Night A 50 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 33. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming northeast after midnight.
- Saturday A slight chance of snow and sleet before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. North wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Night Clear, with a low around 24. Northwest wind around 15 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 43. Northwest wind 5 to 15 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Clear, with a low around 27. South wind around 5 mph.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 53. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Monday Night Clear, with a low around 32. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 55. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the afternoon.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sequoyah County, OK
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE