Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedENE 1 G 4 MPH
- Dewpoint16°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
Lat: 35.9597 Lon: -116.2619 Elev: 1517ft.
30 Miles NW Baker CA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around 28. Calm wind.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39. Calm wind becoming south southeast 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32. South southwest wind 14 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Saturday Snow showers likely, mainly between 10am and 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 40. Breezy, with a southwest wind 16 to 21 mph increasing to 23 to 28 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. Windy, with a northwest wind 22 to 32 mph decreasing to 11 to 21 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 37.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 25.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 38.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 43.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 52.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Mojave Desert, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE