Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.08 in
- Dewpoint28°F (-2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Andrews-Murphy Airport (KRHP)
Lat: 35.19°N Lon: 83.86°W Elev: 1699ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 68. West northwest wind 6 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 40. West southwest wind around 7 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 73. West northwest wind 6 to 11 mph.
- Tuesday Night Showers likely, mainly after 1am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 50. South wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 10am. High near 63. South southwest wind 9 to 17 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Wednesday Night Rain and snow showers likely before 3am, then a chance of snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Blustery. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 24.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 57.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 59.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 58.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Swain County, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE