Winter Weather Impacting the Eastern U.S. Tuesday
Snow is falling from Tennessee Valley into the Mid-Atlantic and New England Tuesday . The fast moving system is creating swath of 2 to 7 inches of snow from southwest Virginia to the New England coast. Heavy Lake Effect snows will also impact the Lower Great Lakes into later this week, with up to two feet of accumulation.
- Wind SpeedN 7 mph
- Barometer29.95 in
- Dewpoint46°F (8°C)
- Visibility4.00 mi
- Wind Chill42°F (6°C)
Current conditions at
Smithfield, Johnston County Airport (KJNX)
Lat: 35.54 Lon: -78.39 Elev: 164ft.
4 Miles W Clayton NC
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon A chance of rain before 4pm. Cloudy early, then gradual clearing, with a high near 48. Northwest wind 11 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight Clear, with a low around 26. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 50. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming light and variable.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 42. Northwest wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 24.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 47.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Saturday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 60. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Night Showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 44. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 45.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Johnston County, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE