Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 8 mph
- Barometer30.25 in (1024.7 mb)
- Dewpoint33°F (1°C)
- Visibility7.00 mi
- Wind Chill31°F (-1°C)
Current conditions at
Knoxville, McGhee Tyson Airport (KTYS)
Lat: 35.81 Lon: -83.98 Elev: 962ft.
7 Miles SW Gatlinburg TN
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain. High near 45. South wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Tonight Rain. Low around 45. South wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Monday Rain. High near 52. Southwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Monday Night Rain. Low around 40. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Tuesday Showers, mainly before 1pm. High near 42. Northwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 47.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
- Friday Night A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 47. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sevier Smoky Mountains, TN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE