Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 14 mph
- Barometer30.37 in (1029.0 mb)
- Dewpoint33°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill31°F (-1°C)
Current conditions at
Knoxville, McGhee Tyson Airport (KTYS)
Lat: 35.81 Lon: -83.98 Elev: 962ft.
6 Miles SW Gatlinburg TN
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Rain, mainly after 3am. Low around 37. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Rain. High near 46. South wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 46. Breezy, with a south wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Monday Rain. High near 52. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Night Showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 42. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Tuesday Rain showers likely before noon, then snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 47.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 52.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sevier Smoky Mountains, TN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE