Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.31 in
- Dewpoint30°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Smithfield, Johnston County Airport (KJNX)
Lat: 35.54 Lon: -78.39 Elev: 164ft.
5 Miles ESE Garner NC
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north after midnight.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43. Northwest wind 9 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 50. Light southwest wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. South wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Saturday A chance of rain between 8am and 1pm, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 1pm. High near 54. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Showers. Low around 43. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday Rain. High near 53. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 47.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 53.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 52.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Wake County, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE