Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.43 in (1031.2 mb)
- Dewpoint12°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Knoxville, McGhee Tyson Airport (KTYS)
Lat: 35.81 Lon: -83.98 Elev: 962ft.
3 Miles SW Gatlinburg TN
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 21. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning.
- Friday Night Rain likely, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Rain. High near 47. South wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Night A 50 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 36. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of rain, mainly before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 47.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 50.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 46.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sevier Smoky Mountains, TN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE