Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.86 in (1010.2 mb)
- Dewpoint32°F (0°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Asheville Regional Airport (KAVL)
Lat: 35.44°N Lon: 82.55°W Elev: 2140ft.
2 Miles WSW Busick NC
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 73. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Tonight A chance of showers, mainly after 1am. Patchy fog after 5am. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a low around 48. Light southwest wind. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 11am. Patchy fog before 9am. High near 66. Breezy, with a light south southwest wind becoming west 15 to 20 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 41 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night A chance of rain and snow showers before 11pm, then a chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 17. Windy, with a northwest wind 23 to 33 mph, with gusts as high as 47 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36. Breezy, with a northwest wind 18 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 21.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 51.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 54.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Yancey County, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE