Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.39 in (1029.7 mb)
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Knoxville, McGhee Tyson Airport (KTYS)
Lat: 35.81 Lon: -83.98 Elev: 962ft.
5 Miles SSE Cosby TN
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around 21. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
- Friday Night Rain likely, mainly after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Snow likely before 7am, then rain. High near 45. South wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Night A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 35. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Sunday A chance of snow before 1pm, then a slight chance of rain between 1pm and 2pm, then a slight chance of snow after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 44.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 48.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 44.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cocke Smoky Mountains, TN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE