Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.86 in (1010.2 mb)
- Dewpoint32°F (0°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Asheville Regional Airport (KAVL)
Lat: 35.44°N Lon: 82.55°W Elev: 2140ft.
Mount Sterling NC
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 75. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tonight Showers likely, mainly after 3am. Patchy fog after 4am. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a low around 51. Calm wind becoming south around 6 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 11am. Patchy fog before 9am. High near 64. Breezy, with a southwest wind 6 to 11 mph increasing to 19 to 24 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain and snow showers, becoming all snow after midnight. Low around 22. Blustery, with a northwest wind 20 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 8am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. North northwest wind 14 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 21.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 57.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 58.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 58.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 51. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Haywood County, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE