Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 5 mph
- Barometer30.21 in (1023.3 mb)
- Dewpoint35°F (2°C)
- Visibility7.00 mi
- Wind Chill34°F (1°C)
Current conditions at
Knoxville, McGhee Tyson Airport (KTYS)
Lat: 35.81 Lon: -83.98 Elev: 962ft.
4 Miles SE Cosby TN
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain. High near 46. South wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Tonight Rain. Low around 46. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Monday Rain. High near 54. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Monday Night Rain. Low around 41. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Tuesday Showers, mainly before 1pm. High near 44. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 47.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Friday Night A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Saturday A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cocke Smoky Mountains, TN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE